Blog to share information
Increase your knowledge base with blogging new information
Blogging is fun!
What we will cover:
- Motives, Ideas, Concepts For Blogging
- Getting Started
- Write interesting stuff
- Etiquette, Ethics, Rules
- Questions and Answers
- Guidelines for Building a Successful Blog
Blog is a website
- Anything accessed on internet is a website
- Blog is a type of website
- Static content, doesn't change
- Dynamic content, updated continuously, reverse chronological order, a blog
- Amazon.com from 1999 to 2013, the navigation experience is the same
- Static site accessed through url
- Used to sell products or advertise a business
- No obvious author
- Can be rarely updated
- Frequently updated
- Usually one author
- Shows one point of view and one opinion
- Diary format, updated and appear in reverse chronological order
- Way to interact with the community, not advertise to the community
- Examples of a real world blog:Code on the Run
- Just for fun
- To make money
- To learn more and share knowledge
- Connect with the world
- You think of a reason...
Is blogging right for you?
- Do you enjoy writing?
- Do you love reading?
- Do you have discipline?
- Can you organize?
- Do you want to control your public image?
- Are you talented? Are you passioned by a subject?
- Do you enjoy interacting with others? Are you extroverted?
- Prefer an online personality?
- Are you creative?
- Are you a hard worker?
One Author versus Multiple Authors
- Control your own brand
- Alot of work to do
- Many authors can share the workload
- Problems if oppinions diverge
- One author fulfill your dreams, in complete control of success or failure of your blog
- Multiple authors can share success through cooperation
How to get started with blogging?
- Get a domain, hosting and blogging application or build a blog from scratch
- Custom theme, design elements, follow a design guideline
- Parts of a blog: header, footer, sidebar, posts, pages, comments, categories, tags, rss feed, widgets
- Live Journal
- Free and easy to use
- No advertisements
- Shared hosting limited options
- Free blogging application but requires third party hosting
- More features
- More Control
- Hosting with GoDaddy, BlueHost or GreenHost